Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Latest Photo Tips

       Hi, welcome to my blog all about photography.  I am not a professional, nor do I have a DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflector).  I shoot with a Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 4X Optical Zoom (Grey) ....retail is around $130 - $150, depending on the deals.  I just love photography, but since I don't have an official business, I am hesistant to spend the money on a DSLR.  I know, you can get cheap one's, but if I'm gonna spend the money, might as well be worth it.  These days, the point and shoot cameras are so advanced, they take awesome pictures.  Obviously they don't have as many features, nor can you change the lens, but other than that, they work just fine.  I believe the largest print you can aquire with a point and shoot, (atleast mine) is a 13 x 19 photo.  You can, of course print, much larger, but the quality rapidly diminishes.
 One more great feature about the Canon Elph 100, it takes video in true HD Quality, so if nothing else, you can use it as your Video Camera.
Okay, I'm done rambling now, now onto some helpful hints.


1) ALWAYS take your camera with you


2) MAKE SURE your battery is charged, if you use AA's, make sure you have spares

3) BRING an extra memory card, or make sure you have plenty of room on your current one

4) EXPLORE your camera, read the manual, and try different settings

5) When you find a good location, take a picture is Auto, remember the settings, and adjust in manual mode, play with the white balance and exposure, you'll get great shots

6) USE a tripod, unless your using a fast shutter speed

7) ALWAYS look around for good shots, look up, down, forwards, backwards, sideways, upsidedown, or anyother way you can think to make a great shot.

8) ALWAYS be prepared to take a picture, you knever know what'll you'll see


That's it for now, thanks for stopping by, come back soon for more tips, videos, and pictures.
Remember to check out all the awesome links

21 Steps to Perfect Photos Click Here!

No comments :

Post a Comment